(ACTIVE) Yates Community Endowment Emergency Relief FundCategories: Yates County
To support nonprofit organizations in Yates County adversely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Typical Grant Size
$1,000 to $5,000
*For Emergency Relief applications, please submit a request reflective of your organization’s need. This may exceed the typical $5,000 limit.
Eligibility Criteria for General Grantmaking
Applicants must be a 501(c)(3) organization or sponsored by a charitable, nonprofit organization. Funds must be used in Yates County and benefit Yates County residents.
Successful applications will:
- Focus on an unmet need;
- Offer broad community benefit;
- Be rooted in the local community and build on local strengths;
- Be preventive rather than remedial (remedial projects may be considered if innovative);
- Avoid duplication with other programs or services;
- Demonstrate that the project can be sustained if the project is expected to continue beyond the grant period; and
- Be able to measure the project’s success and its results in the community.
Application Due Date(s)
Applications for the Emergency Relief Fund are accepted immediately and on a rolling basis.
The Yates Community Community Endowment plans to support three phases of funding for emergency relief:
- Emergency relief, which focuses on immediate and urgent needs of human service organizations that provide help to the county’s most vulnerable residents;
- Recovery relief, which supports nonprofits as they return to normal operations and typical staffing; and
- Resilience relief, which helps nonprofits that are crucial to our communities’ ability to thrive.
To submit an application for the Yates Emergency Relief Fund or General Grantmaking Round, please log in to our grant portal by clicking here.
Future opportunities will be announced in our quarterly e-newsletter, Grant Opportunities. (Click to subscribe.)
Nonprofit organizations serving Yates County are eligible to apply based on the three funding phases listed above. Applications can be submitted immediately by logging into the Community Foundation’s grant portal: Click here.
Grants will be reviewed by the Yates Community Endowment on a rolling basis starting the week of May 4.
500 East Avenue
Rochester, NY 14607
Back to Grant Search