(ACTIVE) Yates Community Endowment Emergency Relief FundCategories: Yates County
General Grantmaking: To support nonprofit organizations in Yates County.
Emergency Relief Grantmaking: To support nonprofit organizations in Yates County adversely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. The Yates Community Endowment plans to support three phases of funding for emergency relief:
- Emergency relief, which focuses on immediate and urgent needs of human service organizations that provide help to the county’s most vulnerable residents;
- Recovery relief, which supports nonprofits as they return to normal operations and typical staffing; and
- Resilience relief, which helps nonprofits that are crucial to our communities’ ability to thrive.
Typical Grant Size
$1,000 to $5,000
*For Emergency Relief applications, please submit a request reflective of your organization’s need. This may exceed the typical $5,000 limit.
Eligibility Criteria for All Grantmaking (General and Emergency Relief):
Applicants must be a 501(c)(3) organization or sponsored by a charitable, nonprofit organization. Funds must be used in Yates County and benefit Yates County residents.
Successful applications will:
- Focus on an unmet need;
- Offer broad community benefit;
- Be rooted in the local community and build on local strengths;
- Be preventive rather than remedial (remedial projects may be considered if innovative);
- Avoid duplication with other programs or services;
- Demonstrate that the project can be sustained if the project is expected to continue beyond the grant period; and
- Be able to measure the project’s success and its results in the community.
Applications for general operating support will also be considered.
Application Due Date(s)
For general grantmaking, the most application deadline was April 30, 2021.
Applications for the Emergency Relief Fund are accepted on a rolling basis. Grants will be reviewed by the Yates Community Endowment on a rolling basis.
Future opportunities will be announced in our quarterly e-newsletter, Grant Opportunities. (Click to subscribe.)
To submit an application for general grantmaking or emergency relief, please log in to our grant portal by clicking here.
Program Associate, Community Programs
Rochester Area Community Foundation
500 East Avenue
Rochester, NY 14607
Back to Grant Search