Rochester Area Community Foundation (the “Community Foundation,” “our,” “us,” or “we,”) considers the responsible use of personal information to be a critical element in enabling the Internet to reach its potential as a serious tool for personal and professional activities. As the Internet changes our lives in a number of ways, the Community Foundation is committed to respecting your privacy.
Information We Collect
In general, you can visit www.racf.org without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. There are times, however, when we may need to collect, store, and process information about you, including Personal Information about you. “Personal Information” refers to information about you that can be used to identify you, such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or credit card information.
Specifically, we may collect, store, or process information when you:
- Complete and submit a form on the Site;
- Make a financial contribution;
- Contact us with inquiries, including via email (see “Email Privacy” for more information);
- Subscribe to our newsletter or otherwise sign up to receive communications;
- Register for an event (see “Event Registration Forms” for more information); or
- Voluntarily provide information.
We may also collect details of your visit to the Site and the pages you access, including but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, including your IP address, browser type, the date and time you accessed or left the Site, and which pages you viewed. See the Section “Use of IP Addresses and Cookies” to learn more
Your e-mail address will only be used within the Community Foundation. The Community Foundation does not share, sell or rent e-mail addresses to anyone outside the organization. If you do not wish to receive e-mail correspondence, please e-mail your request to the Webmaster, at email@example.com with the subject line “Unsubscribe.”
Event Registration Forms
The Community Foundation website event registration forms require users to give us contact information (such as name and e-mail address), method of payment, and demographic information. The Community Foundation may use contact information from the registration forms to send the user information about the Community Foundation. The contact information is also used to contact the registrant when necessary. Information regarding method of payment is collected for event registration.
Website Use, Use of IP Address and Cookies
When the Community Foundation receives information about your session through our site statistic reports or about you, we may use it for research or to improve our Site and the services we offer you.
In general, on the Site, IP addresses (the Internet address of a computer) are logged to track a user’s session while the user remains anonymous. We analyze this data for certain trends and statistics, such as which pages or sections users are visiting and how long they spend there. In general, we do not link your IP addresses to anything personally identifiable to you.
Some Site pages use “cookies,” which are small files that may be placed on your hard disk for record-keeping purposes. A cookie helps us remember who you are. You may have seen cookies at work when you visit a site and you are welcomed back by the name you entered. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. For instructions, check your browser’s technical information. However, by not accepting cookies, some web pages may not display properly or you may not be permitted to access certain information.
The Site does not current respond to “do not track” or other signals.
Why We Collect Your Information
We use your information for the following purposes:
- To present our services to you;
- To personalize your experience;
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To notify you about changes to services we offer;
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features on our Site;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- To improve our Site;
- To perform analytics to learn about the behavior of our Site users;
- To send periodic emails relating to occasional company news, updates, or related information
How Do We Share Your Personal Information?
We may disclose your Personal Information as follows:
- With affiliates, contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support the Community Foundation;
- To fulfil the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- With affiliates if you opt-in to receive communications from them;
- To enforce any agreement, including any applicable terms of service;
- To establish or exercise our right to defend against legal claims;
- To law enforcement and other government authorities such as legislatures, courts, agencies and litigants if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to: (a) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of governmental authorities; (b) comply with legal process; (c) respond to requests from public or government authorities, including public or government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) protect the security or integrity of the Services’ information systems; and/or (e) exercise or protect our rights, privacy, safety or those of affiliates, clients, you or others; and
- If we reasonably believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Community Foundation or others.
Donation and Payment Information
The Site contains links to other external websites that do not fall under the racf.org domain. The Community Foundation is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such external websites. If you choose to follow such links to external websites, you do so at your own risk.
This Site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under the Community Foundation control. However, no data protection procedures are entirely infallible. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that it will be 100% secure. Your transmission of your information to our Platform thus is done entirely at your own risk.
Collecting Information From Minors
The Community Foundation does not collect information from minors (including scholarships online) and our Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13 without verifiable parental consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Site is hosted and operated in the United States (“US”). By using the Site from outside the US, please be advised that US law may not offer the same privacy protections as the law of your jurisdiction.
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our WebApp that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
Review and Correction of Your Information
Rochester Area Community Foundation
500 East Avenue
Rochester, NY 14607