Vitality Grants: Supporting Arts and CultureCategories: Arts and Culture
The Arts and Culture Action Area supports our goal to strengthen regional vitality by encouraging vibrant and diverse arts and cultural offerings and improving the capacity of local arts organizations.
Applications are invited from nonprofit organizations with programs that support this goal. Current funding opportunities include (but are not limited to) support for:
- Music education (with a particular emphasis on Monroe County);
- Programs that encourage adults’ pursuit of theater education; and
- Efforts to promote the growth and expansion of new and existing performing and fine arts programs.
Of particular interest are programs that:
- Provide new opportunities for the community’s engagement with the arts;
- Offer access to arts and cultural opportunities in otherwise underserved communities;
- Need resources for long-term sustainability or growth;
- Celebrate or promote the region’s rich racial/cultural diversity; or
- Demonstrate collaboration with other arts organizations in the region.
Typical Grant Size
$4,000 to $5,000
Applicants must be 501(c)(3) organizations or 509(a)(1) public organizations in our eight-county region, which comprises Genesee, Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Orleans, Seneca, Wayne, and Yates counties.
Application Due Date(s)
The most recent deadline to submit an application was November 13, 2020.
Future opportunities will be announced in our quarterly e-newsletter, Grant Opportunities (Click to subscribe.)
Click on our online grant portal to apply.
Annette Jiménez Gleason, Program Officer
Community Programs Department
Rochester Area Community Foundation
500 East Avenue
Rochester, NY 14607-1912
Back to Grant Search