NextGen RochesterCategories: Human Rights, Poverty, Youth
NextGen is a peer-led group that is comprised of a cross section of the community (typically ages 21 to 45) who find value in grantmaking to local charitable causes and addressing community needs. It is the intention of NextGen Rochester to not only build assets, but also compassion, knowledge, and engagement in important issues facing our community. Its grants support organizations and activities that advance important work in the following areas:
- Poverty Alleviation (Serving, supporting, and aiding those in our community below the poverty line.)
- Human Rights (Discrimination, racism, fair housing, justice reform, civil, political and disability rights, etc.)
- Youth Engagement (Facilitating stronger relationships among and between the youth of our community to create positive social change.)
Click here to learn more about NextGen Rochester.
Typical Grant Size
Ranges between $500 and $3,000
Organizations classified by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c) or described in 170(c)(1), serving Monroe, Ontario, Wayne, Genesee, Livingston, Seneca, Yates, and Orleans counties. Applicants may include faith-based, educational, and government organizations and institutions, as well as other 501(c)(3) organizations.
- All grantees must submit a final report to NextGen within 60 days of the conclusion of the funded project(s)/program(s).
- Significant changes to the funded project(s)/program(s) must be approved by the NextGen Advisory Committee.
- Applicants and grantees may be visited by NextGen members. Grantees may also be invited to attend NextGen meetings or events.
The following are excluded from consideration:
- Programs that promote a particular religious or political ideology;
- Endowment campaigns; and
- Gala events and other special fundraising events.
Application Due Date(s)
The most recent round of applications were due by Friday, October 14, 2022.
Future opportunities will be announced in our e-newsletter, Grant Opportunities. (Click to subscribe.)
To begin a new application or to log on to the grant portal, click here.
Rochester Area Community Foundation
500 East Avenue
Rochester, NY 14607
Back to Grant Search