(ACTIVE) NextGen RochesterCategories: Education, Poverty, Youth
NextGen Rochester is a peer-led form of philanthropy that involves young professionals (ages 21 to 45) who are interested in making “giving back” part of their lives through leadership, friendship, and philanthropy. Its grants support organizations and activities that advance important work in the following areas:
- Human Rights
- Poverty Alleviation
- K-12 Education
- Equitable Job Opportunities
Click here to learn more about NextGen Rochester.
Typical Grant Size
Ranges between $500 and $2,500
Organizations classified by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c) or described in 170(c)(1), serving Monroe, Ontario, Wayne, Genesee, Livingston, Seneca, Yates, and Orleans counties. Applicants may include faith-based, educational, and government organizations and institutions, as well as other 501(c)(3) organizations.
Community Grant projects must accomplish some, if not all, of the following:
- Keep the grant money in the community and support the local economy;
- Involve a diverse group of participants, including but not limited to people of different races, ages, geographical residences in the organization’s programs or projects; and
- Encourage communication and cooperation among organizations, associations, agencies, and institutions in the community.
The following are excluded from consideration:
- Organizations that promote a particular religious or political ideology;
- Endowment campaigns; and
- Gala events and other special fundraising events.
Application Due Date(s)
The application deadline is 4 p.m. on Monday, August 31, 2020. Future opportunities will be announced in our e-newsletter, Grant Opportunities. (Click to subscribe.)
Click to see this year’s RFP.
To begin a new application or to log on to the grant portal, click here.
Before December 31, 2020
The Community Foundation
500 East Avenue
Rochester, NY 14607-1912
Back to Grant Search