Rochester Area Community Foundation, in partnership with generous philanthropists and community partners, works to improve the quality of life for people who live and work in the eight-county region through its leadership and strategic grantmaking.
Our Mission: We empower donors and community partners to strengthen our region through philanthropy.
Our Vision: We lead, inspire and support positive, enduring community change.
Known as the steward of charitable funds and endowments, the Community Foundation connects donors with the region’s current and evolving needs. As a leading grantmaker, the Foundation is now focused on two broad goals:
- Creating an Equitable Community: Working to close the academic achievement and opportunity gap, fostering racial and ethnic understanding and equity, and partnering against poverty to help neighbors in need.
- Strengthening Our Region’s Vitality: Supporting vibrant and diverse arts and cultural offerings, preserving our region’s rich historical assets, and promoting successful aging.
Learn more about these goals and the accompanying action areas.
We maintain rigorous standards for effective grantmaking, and are confirmed in compliance with National Standards for U.S. Community Foundations.
- Founded – 1972
- Number of Funds – 1,476
- Charitable Assets – $465 million*
- Permanently Endowed Assets – $299 million
- 25-Year Annualized Endowment Return – 8.6% net of fees*
- Expense/Asset Ratio – 0.79%
- Grants Awarded Since 1972 – $513 million
- President and CEO – Jennifer Leonard (since 1993)
- Board Chair – Elizabeth A. Thorley
To confirm that we are in good standing as a charity, check our profile and financial details on GuideStar, which gathers and disseminates information about every IRS-registered nonprofit organization.
*As of 6/30/2020