(ACTIVE) Wayne County Community EndowmentCategories: Aging, Children, Wayne County, Youth
To improve the health and quality of life for residents in Wayne County (NY), especially youth and seniors.
Typical Grant Size
$1,000 to $5,000
Grants under $1,000 also will be considered. Service providers may be granted up to $5,000 per calendar year.
Applicants requesting more than $5,000 should submit their request to the Bullis Fund. Applicants applying for the Wayne County Community Endowment funding are not eligible to apply for Bullis funding for the same or similar programs.
Applicants must be a 501(c)(3) organization or sponsored by a charitable, nonprofit organization and serving Wayne County.
The Wayne County Community Endowment Fund has limited resources and looks for opportunities to provide small amounts of money that significantly impact community-based programs. The grant preference is for agencies, projects, and programs that:
- Benefit Wayne County residents;
- Demonstrate that the project can be sustained;
- Measure the project’s success and its results in the community;
- Focus on important community quality of life issues and needs;
- Focus on new or expanded projects, not continued support of on-going projects.
Applications will not be accepted or considered for:
- Individual Wayne County residents;
- Debt reduction;
- Religious activities, although non-religious activities provided through religious institutions will be considered; or
- Fundraising campaigns, such as endowment or capital campaigns.
Organizations are urged to participate in one of a variety of communications programs through Causewave Community Partners (formerly the Ad Council of Rochester). Contact Katelin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 585.442.0200 ext. 204 for more information about the programs and grant support for programming.
Application Due Date(s)
The next deadline to submit applications is March 27, 2020. This deadline also applies to applications for Wayne County Food Pantry Grants.
Future opportunities will be announced in our quarterly e-newsletter, Grant Opportunities. Click to subscribe.
Applications are accepted online. Click here to begin a new application, create a new online account, or return to your account.
Rochester Area Community Foundation
500 East Avenue
Rochester, NY 14607-1912
Back to Grant Search