Wayne County Community Endowment Emergency Relief FundCategories: Aging, Children, Wayne County, Youth
General Grantmaking: To improve the health and quality of life for residents in Wayne County (NY), especially youth and seniors.
Emergency Relief Grantmaking: To support nonprofit organizations in Wayne County adversely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Typical Grant Size
General Grantmaking: The typical grant size for general Wayne County Community Endowment grant ranges from $1,000 to $5,000. Grants under $1,000 also will be considered. Service providers may be granted up to $5,000 per calendar year.
Applicants requesting more than $10,000 should submit their request to the Bullis Fund, and must have either a full or partial benefit to South West Wayne County to be considered. Applicants applying for the Wayne County Community Endowment funding are not eligible to apply for Bullis funding for the same or similar programs.
Emergency Relief Grantmaking: The maximum request is $2,500.
All applicants must be a 501(c)(3) organization or sponsored by a charitable, nonprofit organization and serving Wayne County.
Funding Criteria for General Grantmaking:
The Wayne County Community Endowment Fund has limited resources and looks for opportunities to provide small amounts of money that significantly impact community-based programs during their general grantmaking round. The grant preference is for agencies, projects, and programs that:
- Benefit Wayne County residents;
- Demonstrate that the project can be sustained;
- Measure the project’s success and its results in the community;
- Focus on important community quality of life issues and needs;
- Focus on new or expanded projects, not continued support of on-going projects.
Applications will not be accepted or considered for:
- Individual Wayne County residents;
- Debt reduction;
- Religious activities, although non-religious activities provided through religious institutions will be considered; or
- Fundraising campaigns, such as endowment or capital campaigns.
Organizations are urged to participate in one of a variety of communications programs through Causewave Community Partners (formerly the Ad Council of Rochester). Contact Katelin at email@example.com or 585.442.0200 ext. 204 for more information about the programs and grant support for programming.
Funding Criteria for Emergency Relief Grantmaking:
Requests that will be considered may address:
- Change in operations due to the pandemic;
- Immediate/emergency supplies (food pantry items, PPE, etc.);
- Providing emergency relief/support to Wayne County residents;
- Other needs for non-profits and/or residents of Wayne County that have manifested due to the pandemic.
Application Due Date(s)
General Grantmaking: The most recent application deadline was March 26, 2021. Future opportunities will be announced in our quarterly e-newsletter, Grant Opportunities. (Click to subscribe.)
Emergency Relief Grantmaking: The Emergency Relief Fund is now open and accepting rolling applications.
For inquiries about the Wayne County Community Endowment Fund, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for the Wayne County Community Endowment (including the Emergency Relief Fund) are accepted online. Click here to begin a new application, create a new online account, or return to your account.
Program Associate, Community Programs
Rochester Area Community Foundation
500 East Avenue
Rochester, NY 14607-1912
Back to Grant Search