(ACTIVE) Special Regional Improvement Grants [NeighborGood]Categories: Neighborhoods, Poverty
To help resident-controlled, neighborhood-based organizations in the City of Rochester involve citizens in improving the quality of life in their neighborhoods.
Progress in Action is a new grassroots initiative developed by Five Star Bank to support the well-being of families in Rochester one block at a time. Click here to learn more about this initiative.
- Progress in Action is meant to benefit residents in economically vulnerable neighborhoods.
- Eligibility will be dependent upon projects benefitting econonically vulnerable neighborhoods and the improvement in the quality of life in a meaningful and sustainable fashion for the residents of the neighborhood.
- Grants can range from $1,000 to $10,000.
- Resident-led groups of all sizes and in all formats are eligible to participate.
To apply, simple follow the link under the Application section below. Within the NeighborGood application, check the box for Progress in Action.
Typical Grant Size
Neighborhood Associations (maximum grant size is $2,500)
Neighborhood associations have broad missions and broader coverage than block clubs, focus on a wide range of neighborhood issues, and are capable of facilitating activities for smaller groups.
Block Clubs (maximum grant size is $750)
Block clubs are smaller in focus than neighborhood associations, usually organized on one street or block.
Other Community Associations (maximum grant size is $2,000)
Community associations include the following:
- Landlord and tenant associations
- Neighborhood-based business or merchants associations
Note: Nonprofit organizations that are not neighborhood-based and resident-controlled are not eligible.
Application Due Date(s)
The deadline for Rochester’s west side application is noon on Friday, February 14, 2020.
Future opportunities will be announced in our quarterly e-newsletter, Grant Opportunities. (Click to subscribe.)
Go to our online grant portal to apply.
Program Officer, Equity
Rochester Area Community Foundation
500 East Avenue
Rochester, NY 14607-1912
Back to Grant Search