We are all trying to better understand what meaningful assistance the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act can provide. That’s the reason behind a briefing we will be releasing on Friday.
Rochester Area Community Foundation has pulled together a panel of experts to provide helpful details regarding tax relief, the Paycheck Protection and Economic Injury Disaster loan programs and how to apply, and other practical matters of interest to nonprofits.
This April 3 briefing features local experts Joshua Gewolb, attorney with Harter Secrest & Emery LLP, and Jon Fogle of Five Star Bank, a Small Business Administration lender. Todd Butler, president and CEO of Causewave Community Partners, shares how nonprofits can take advantage of free virtual consultations with his staff to help with COVID-19 planning and resources.
April 8: In a follow-up Q&A session on benefits of the CARES Act, Jon Fogle of Five Star Bank and Todd Butler of Causewave Community Partners are joined by attorney Emily Cohen from Harter Secrest & Emery LLP. They provide updated information learned over the weekend and answer questions submitted by our nonprofit partners.
Additional Resources for Nonprofits
- Small Business Administration: Small Business Guidance and Loan Resources
- Causewave Community Partners: Free COVID-19-Related Consultations
- Council on Nonprofits: COVID-19 Resources for Nonprofits
- Five Star Bank: Financial Relief and SBA Lending
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand: CARES Act Section-by-Section Summary