Our competitive grantmaking has been restructured to support programs, projects, and initiatives that address the Community Foundation's two main goals and specific action areas:
Create an Equitable Community
- Making a significant and sustainable reduction in the academic achievement and opportunity gap as currently experienced by many children, particularly those born into poverty, with emphasis on children living in the City of Rochester.
- Creating community awareness of racial and ethnic inequities and building sustained, community-based collaborative initiatives that remediate and prevent such inequities.
- Creating community awareness and understanding of the concentration of poverty and how it affects our community, and encouraging efforts that address its effects.
Strengthen Our Region's Vitality
- Encouraging vibrant and diverse arts and cultural offerings and improving the capacity of local arts organizations.
- Preserving our region's rich historical assets and promoting educational efforts that build on these assets.
- Fostering successful aging by helping to create more age-friendly communities.
Proposals for competitive grants are also expected to address new Grantmaking Principles, which have been in development for the past year and finalized in June 2015. Click here to learn more about our competitive grants from the 2013 and 2014 fiscal years that were listed in our recent Biennial Report.
Current Opportunities for Grantseekers