Competitive grantmaking is continuing to be restructured to reflect the Community Foundation's continuing interest in equity and vitality. Grants will be focused on two main goals:
Create an Equitable Community
- Make a significant and sustainable reduction in the academic achievement and opportunity gap as currently experienced by many children, primarily in the City of Rochester;
- Foster racial and ethnic understanding and equity; and
- Build a community awareness and understanding of the concentration of poverty and encourage community and economic development efforts that address these issues.
Strengthen Our Region's Vitality
- Encourage vibrant and diverse arts and cultural offerings and improve the capacity of local arts organizations;
- Preserve our region's rich historical assets: and
- Foster successful aging by helping to create more age-friendly communities.
Find out more about our new Grantmaking and Community Leadership Framework by reviewing Grantmaking Principles or slides from a nonprofit orientation session held early in 2014. Click here to learn more about our competitive grants from the 2013 and 2014 fiscal years.
Current Opportunities for Grantseekers